Friday, September 13, 2013

Straight Chatting from the Library: Marisa Cleveland


Marisa Cleveland has stopped by The Library to talk books with us as part of her virtual book tour with Goddess Fish Promotions. Marisa will be awarding a $25 Amazon GC to a randomly drawn commenter during the tour--just fill out the form at the end of this post. You can see the other stops on the tour by going to http://goddessfishpromotions.blogspot.com/2013/08/virtual-nbtm-tour-reforming-cowboy-by.html.

READ THE INTERVIEW


Thanks for stopping by, Marisa. What is your favorite book?

I love The Giving Tree! That was the first book I remember where I had a visceral reaction, and I was like, "Yes! Books!"

Do you have any bad book habits?

I do, but please try not to judge me. I love to underline phrases in books. But not in books I borrow from others. Just in my own personal books.

As long as there are no stray marks in the library books, I'll let you slide! E-Reader or print? and why?

Both! I love to read, and if it's a really great book, I'll buy the e-book for myself and the print book as a gift/recommendation for someone else.

One book at a time or multiples?

Both! :) One book per genre at a time. I have a contemporary romance on my phone (iBooks) and a historical in my Kindle, plus a new adult and a paranormal in print. All scattered around the house.

Least favorite book you've read this year?

I tried to read some non-fiction this year and found that I'm not a fan of How-to books.

When do you do most of your reading?

I do most of my leisure reading at night or on the weekends.

Favorite place to read?

Cuddle next to my hubby on the sofa or in bed.

How do you keep your books organized?

I turned one of the bedrooms into a "library" where hubby arranged six bookcases for me. I have all the adult books in one section alphabetically organized, and one bookcase is reserved for the YA books.

Thanks so much for having me on your blog! I love your avatar with the girl balancing all the books! So super cute.

READ THE BLURB


Country singer Billy Hardy needs to get back on the charts. His manager assures him headlining the opening of a cafe in South Beach is his best chance at getting back to the big time. If he fails, his career is over for good this time.

Lacey Durant can't believe opening night includes the country singer she crushed on through college. And her customers agree he's dreamy. But his playboy reputation threatens her cafe's image and she can't afford that. She insists Billy stay with her so she can keep an eye on him, and thwart overenthusiastic fans.

Billy's charms and Lacey's sexy curves prove more than either can resist, but she refuses to be just another lyric in his well-known songs of heartbreak.

MEET THE AUTHOR

Marisa Cleveland loves to laugh, hates to cry, and does both often. As a writer, she writes. Every day. Perhaps because she married her best friend, her adult romance novels focus on relationships developed through friendship and family-oriented values. She loves to connect with other writers and readers.

Find Marisa on Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Goodreads.

Win a $25 Amazon GC – A Promo Simple Giveaway

12 comments:

  1. Great to meet you Marisa.

    REFORMING THE COWBOY sounds like a fantastic read.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to meet you Marisa.

    REFORMING THE COWBOY sounds like a fantastic read.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cowboys, this book sounds sooo good. thanks for the giveaway. lacombejc@suddenlink.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. How interesting your experience reading non-fiction this year! I read a LOT more non-fiction than fiction, but I'm not too big on how-to books.
    catherinelee100 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting me! Even if one of your questions did expose me as a book "underliner." :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interview! I love that you read multiple books at a time, Marisa. I do that too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a great interview, i loved it and i love the last line on Marissas blorb. I'm looking forward to digging in to that....thanks Judith. New folower from Fabulosity Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely done with your answer on the least-favorite read. ;) But I'm a bit aghast at the underlining, too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds very interesting,loved the interview!
    cookiesmasher5@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds very interesting,loved the interview!
    cookiesmasher5@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pleasure to read your interview, Marisa! I'm visiting STRAIGHT FROM THE LIBRARY on Monday with my new novel and stopped by today ... loved your blurb and thought the book sounded fantastic! I love the thought of a macho cowboy being taken down a peg by a female cafe owner! Best of luck on the rest of your tour! susan@susansloate.com

    ReplyDelete