Thank you for allowing me to post on your blog today.
In my book, I mention several times that John and I are soul mates. So what is a soul mate? According to various dictionaries and on line forums, a soul mate is a person with whom one has a feeling of deep affinity, or a person ideally suited to another.
So how do you know if and when you’ve found them? And do we have more than one? Yes, we can. Here are some clues about soul mates from my own experience:
1) A feeling of Deja vu. It feels like you’ve known the person a long time, but you’ve just met. You meet in a strange way. Example: We met on a street in Paris after both arriving there on the same day.
2) A feeling inside that stays with you. It’s difficult to explain, but it’s a feeling that persists. A longing for the other, especially when they’re not around.
3) Mentally in touch with each other, even if you’re far away. You seem to know what the other is thinking without either saying a word. You meet each other in dream time and share conversations.
4) Trust and Honesty. You tell each other things you wouldn’t tell anyone else. You’re always open and honest with each other.
5) You can be yourself. There is a comfort level that feels like you’ve come home when you look into each other’s eyes.
6) Intuition: You know inside and trust your gut feeling.
7) Dream: I dreamt of John before I met him. I knew he would be a foreigner and probably play guitar. My skydiving dream was the clincher and, although I didn’t get a clear visual of him, I recognized him when we met.
8) Difficult to separate: Soul mates have a hard time walking out on each other. They want to fight for their relationship.
These are some of the ways you can know if you’ve found your soul mate. Have you found yours? After reading my story, you may not even want to. Totally understandable.
Thanks for reading.
How could she come to terms with her "inner demon"? Can we change our fate or karma? Does love really conquer all?
This book is based on a true story of an independent woman's search for her true self and the meaning of life, and how she found answers in unexpected places.
Shawna C. Jones lives in the US, when she's not traveling the world. She lives with her husband, and "inner demon" quite peacefully now. She is continuing her mission of helping others, and encouraging young people to travel and follow their dreams.
a Rafflecopter giveaway